Thursday, April 15, 2010

Deleted Scenes from The Mark

I just sent off some deleted scenes for my awsome nephew to add to my website. He'll probably get them up soon though he is in the midst of finals for the next week or so. Here's a short sample so you know what's coming:

Chapter 2
This was deleted because it was unnecessary to the storyline and I needed to make the book shorter.

We found Shae and Jon climbing the rock wall.

“I thought you two were going to play laser tag,” Eric yelled up to them.

“The place is pretty busy. We’re on for 9:00. We signed you two up as well just in case you changed your mind,” Jon called down. Just then his foot slipped giving Shae a slight edge she was happy to take advantage of. She reached the top and was on her way down before Jon finished his climb, a jubilant smile lighting her face.

Jon dropped down to the ground with a sheepish look on his face. Shae was exultant, “I beat you; I can’t believe it!”

“I was distracted,” Jon protested. “You can’t possibly hold me to it.” He looked miserable.

“You should learn to stay focused,” Shae retorted sweetly. “I’m definitely holding you to it.”

Eric turned to me with a smile, “Looks like Mr. Confidence has to pay up, I wonder what the stakes are.”

I couldn’t control the look of triumph on my face. “They had an ongoing wager,” I explained. “Shae has always wanted to try country line dancing and Jon has always adamantly refused. They agreed that if Shae ever beat him on the wall, he would go with her. He only agreed because he was so sure that she couldn’t beat him, it was hardly a risk. He even gives her a head start to even things up a bit. It just makes her victory that much sweeter.”

Eric smirked, “This I’ve gotta see, Jon hates dancing of any kind.”

Jon was scowling as they made their way over to us. He checked his watch, “It’s almost 9, let’s go,” he growled.

3 comments:

  1. I'm with Jon. Line dancing is evil. I read below about your negative review. I'm terrified for those, too. Can't wait to read your book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was fast. Chandler has the deleted scenes up on my website: www.mrbunderson.com Click on "Books" and then "The Mark" and then, well, you can probably figure out the rest.

    One thing you should know, the mark (the actual mark on their bodies) changed location from the original version. You probably would have figured that out on your own...

    ReplyDelete