Thursday, December 2, 2010

Ski Utah!

I took my four youngest skiing/snowboarding on Saturday. I figured if we live in Utah, they had better learn to ski. I signed them up for lessons at Park City and the older three were excited to go. The two who took snowboarding lessons had been skiing before and loved it and were excited to try something new. Park City has this deal for locals who are first time skiers, very inexpensive.

My youngest was not excited--to put it mildly. He spent his first 8 years in Taiwan, and though he loves snow he gets cold very quickly. I told him he had to try it one time, so I layered him up with snow pants, a warm coat, gloves, hat, and hand warmers. I think he ended up putting the handwarmers in his pockets because he didn't need them. I even bought him goggles to keep the wind from his eyes. He looked a little nervous when I dropped him off but he was a good sport.

The three girls were a bit more enthusiastic.

When I picked him up three hours later he was all smiles. He loved it and couldn't wait to go again. So glad. Can't wait to go again--maybe I'll take some snowboarding lessons myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment